Tuesday, November 3, 2009

WoW

Well today was a public holiday here in Canberra. Nominally 'family and community day' or some such, but in actual fact so that we can all be home to watch the Melbourne Cup on TV. It's only been a public holiday for a few years (used to be just Melbourne city itself) and the caterers are all complaining that they are losing money because there are no big work functions for the race any more as everyone is home. So the public holiday is being discontinued. Oh well, hope everyone (other than the caterers) enjoyed it while they could.

Because my husband was home I got a bit more free time than is usual on a weekday and this afternoon I learned how to do ToC (normal, not heroic). Seems easy at first, then you realise it is a death trap. At least, it is if you get Paletress the Confessor. If you get Eadric the Pure it's a doddle. And if you don't know what I am talking about well ... I'm tired and going to bed. I'll explain it another day.

No comments:

Post a Comment