Wednesday, November 25, 2009

I can exercise

I just started back at the gym last week and I have been going to exercise classes but taking it pretty easy - partly because I haven't exercised for nine months and partly because I've just got over being sick for the past two weeks. Today I was expecting a fairly relaxing class, when I used to attend this one it was billed as being for the unfit, the elderly, the injured etc - usually a bit of aerobics and using the fitball and those stretchy elastic things. But they seem to have completely changed it, it is still a varied mix of whatever the instructor has come up with for the day but it was HARD. Half aerobic step, half pump weights; lots of lunges (ow) and lifting (ow) and running up and down on the step (collapse).

But you know what? I did it! Lower step and lighter weights than some others, and I slowed down a bit at the end, but I got through the class. I sweated and went all red in the face and my thighs went all wobbly but I DIDN'T DIE! And I didn't give up and leave. So today I learned that I can do it after all. I am rather proud of myself.

1 comment:

  1. Awesome!
    You know the worst bit? If you don't go back to the gym tomorrow, you're going to hurt even more the day after...
    tee hee.
    but i shouldn't say things like that. my exercise for today was a leisurely stroll around mawson shops, followed by an ice coffee.

    ReplyDelete