Sunday, November 1, 2009

Finally spring

Today I learned that you can wait for six months for warmer weather, and then whine when you get too much of a good thing! 2/3 of the way through spring we finally got our first hot day here (28.5 inside my house, not sure what it is outside) and I am hot hot hot - but not in a good way. I am rather worried about summer if I can't even truly enjoy the first day of real spring. Having the oven on for a couple of hours for a pre-planned roast doesn't help.

But it's not really true that I didn't enjoy it. Picnic in the park (in the shade) for lunch was lovely, and I know I have air conditioning I can turn on if I need it. The backyard is in bloom, the lawn is looking neat and a little shocked after its haircut, the windows are open to the fresh air. It is spring!

No comments:

Post a Comment